Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What Do You Do When Your Worst Nightmares Come True?

Mine has.

My mom found a snake on my property yesterday. Sick. Ew. Gross.

She got my dad and they both said it was a greyish (maybe a little black) in color. About 2 feet long and about as big around as my mom's middle finger. Sick. Ew. Gross.

We were doing yard work and cleaning up the garage. Maybe an hour before the encounter, I was pulling weeds on the side of the house where the snake had to have come from, and pulling weeds from the actual "flower bed" where it was found! Sick. Ew. Gross.

And less than 10 minutes before the encounter, I had turned the front hose on. This is where it was found. It's beady little eyes were probably watching me. Sick. Ew. Gross.

My mom went to turn the hose on and almost stepped on the damn thing! That's when she got my dad and I was in the back yard. She was trying not to freak me out, but when she wasn't spraying the drive way and my dad had his leather gloves on, I thought something was up. Sick. Ew. Gross.

She waited a few minutes, then told me the details AFTER my dad says "Well, at least we know why there aren't mice over here." Sick. Ew. Gross.

So they checked a little through the bushes and the ground cover (one of the main reasons why I'm not a fan of ground cover and why we tore out the ground cover/vines in the backyard this spring) and to make sure it didn't go into the window well. As they were checking, my mom saw it's trail over the ground cover leading away from my house. Sick. Ew. Gross. I couldn't even bring myself to see that.

So just now, I was looking on Google to see what kind of snake in Utah might fit this description. Just the images of the snakes creeped me out. I got the shivers and clicked out right away. Sick. Ew. Gross.

So in case you want to know how I really feel about snakes...They Are EVIL! Sick. Ew. Gross.

The ONLY positive (if there is one) of this situation, is it might get Kuso motivated to get those bushes torn our sooner than later. Neither one of us really liked them, but there were other projects we felt were more important to tackle before those. Maybe not.

2 comments:

Kierst said...

I am not really a snake lover either- but not necessarily a hater either...but I agree- GROSS!

Chad and Nicole said...

Sick. Ew. Gross. For sure!!! We had an encounter with a snake in our yard last week. It wasn't a pleasant experience. It involved 5 screaming little girls, 1 stick, and a snake that might be a little holier now.....Nasty, slimy things!!