Thursday, July 14, 2011

Funnies by Leila

*At my parent's neighbors house - Leila was playing with the dogs. The dog sneezed. Leila looks the dog in the face and says "bless you!"


* Whenever we hear music, we tell Leila to "shake it." When we call Kuso's phone, it plays "Forget You" by Cee Low and Leila usually shakes her shoulders while we wait for him to answer. Lately, she points at me and says "shake it." Then I shake my shoulders and she gets quite a giggle out of it.


* Yesterday I went to get her out of bed to go to the sitters. (this week she has been going to my sister-in-laws house (Alofa) because her regular sitter is out of town.) I told her to get up and lets go. Most days, she gets up and is ready to go. Yesterday she just laid there, looked at me and said "church."

Me: "wanna go see Auntie?"
Leila: "Nope."
Me: "wanna go see One?"
Leila: "Nope."
Me: "wanna go see grandma?"
Leila: "Nope."
Me: "wanna go to church?"
Leila: "Yep."

Most of the time any of these questions gets an excited YEP! But yesterday, she just wanted to go to church. If I thought she had any real sense of time, she would know that it was a YW night, but I don't think that's the case. It made me chuckle that she just wanted to go to church.


* At least on a daily basis she tells us that "Moki -- house." Moki is our neighbors dog that she loves to play with as long as he is on his leash or in Dick's arms. She always points at their house and tells us "Moki." So I always tell her "Moki is in the house." So now that's what she tells us all the time - even when we aren't at our house.


* She always tells me "Come on" (think in a deep disgusted voice) which she usually isn't disgusted when she tells me that, but it's SO funny. She squeals like a girl, then tells me "come on" in this deep manly voice. SO not girly. She also responds to a lot of questions with an unenthusiastic "yep." Again, very deep and not girly sounding. "Leila! Wanna watch the fireworks?" "yep" (think Eeyore). It's hilarious.

* While driving to a friend's wedding last weekend, we weren't by any houses or gas stations or anything and Leila starts yelling "Mom! Mom!" "What Leila?" "Dino's! ROOOAAAAR!" Funny for 2 reasons. 1) it was totally out of the blue and 2) she was scared to death of the dino's at the zoo, but she has talked about them all week long.


* I'm sure there are more, but I'm going to try and post more of these silly things she says now that her communication skills are improving...

2 comments:

Tiana Aiono said...

hey this is tiana little leila is
so cute!!!!!!':)

siaosi aiono said...

little leila is such a cutie!!!!!<3