Monday, July 11, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray! ?

Since I'm trying out to be the World's Best Mom, I occasionally let Leila sit in the front seat (or on the arm rest) while we drive to or from church (about a block away). Yesterday, we turned the corner and Leila saw the church, threw her arms in the air in triumph, let out a girly "Whoo!," then yelled "Church!"

Leila seriously loves church. We have finally found our assigned seats in this ward that we have been attending for a year now. So now that we sit near the same people consistently, Leila knows that she sits with us until the sacrament is over, then after that she can color or eat her snacks. And then depending on the week, any time after the sacrament has been passed, she starts taking books to the "older" lady that sits behind us (Older meaning maybe 60ish?). Then it's back and forth and back and forth to switch out books. The lady (Sis. Fenema) LOVES Leila and apologizes to us every week for keeping her so long. Seriously lady, don't apologize. It's quite nice to have little responsibility and your entertaining her keeps her quite reverent, so don't apologize, let me thank you!

Leila loves church so much that for the past few weeks while we have been doing camp clinics for Young Women I've taken her with me so she can just be at the church. I was a little worried that it might confuse her that on Wednesday we get to go and be silly then Sunday we have to be reverent, but she has done quite well.

Leila loves church so much that when I'm trying to comb her hair and get her ready and she is not being cooperative, I say "Do you wanna go to church?" "Yep." Then MOSTLY cooperates.

My Patriarchal Blessing mentions that I will have an easy time raising my children in the Gospel if I stay true and faithful. If Leila's love for church (and Nursery) are any indicator to what we have to look forward to, I am/will be truly grateful and will throw my arms in the air in triumph, and let out my own girly "Whoo!".

1 comment: