Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Customer Service at it's FINEST!

Saturday July 23rd I took Leila to Arctic Circle so she could play on the slides (since she won't eat until she is ready - plus, I was looking for something to occupy her time and wear her out so she would take a good nap.)

After a little while of playing, I noticed that she had leaked through her shorts - the perfect indicator that it was time to go. Well, the playground is great for kids, not for parents. Both ends start with stairs that lead to tunnels to get to the middle. However, the tunnels are very small. I probably could have squirmed my way through, but there is no way I could have squirmed my way out with an upset child. (I eventually bribed her to come out by telling her I would give her M&M's - a girl after my own heart.)

Well, part of the reason I did not just retrieve her and throw her down the slide was - drum roll please - the slide was covered in POOP! Yep....poop. Gross. The ONLY part of this that makes it (kind of) okay is that it was HER poop! I started to walk outside to take her food and our drinks to the car while she played for one more second then saw the splatters on the bottom of the slide. She was the only kid who had been in there that wasn't over 6 so I knew it had to be hers...luckily for everyone involved the other kids had left by this point.

So I put the food and drinks down and tell the manager that he may want to close the playground and the reason why. As I carried Leila out to the car like hazmat material I tell the manager I'll be back to clean up the mess after I clean up the mess (my screaming daughter) I was taking to the car. When I came back in, the manager and one of the employees was cleaning up the mess. I told them that I was more than willing to do it (as I have also worked in the food industry and know how crappy - no pun intended - it is to clean up other people's nasty messes.) The manager just smiled and said it was "No problem. We all have kids and know how it is. We need to disinfect anyway."

Now, Arctic Circle is not usually my first place to eat...nor 2nd or 3rd...in fact, it's quite far down on the list most days, but after that experience, you bet I'll take Leila back there so she can play on their equipment and bring some business to a company who employs people who understand that even though your kids can be gross, it's not intentional.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only someone with kids can truly appreciate the hilarity in this!!!!!!!!! I TOLD you that you would soon have your own poop stories to tell. HA HA HA HAHA

Jam said...

Please Note: Lisa also mentioned (to me) the employees threw away the rags used to clean up the mess. Thus, one should not be concerned about further spreading of germs (related to this incident) at such establishment.

Chad and Nicole said...

I LOVE this post!!! It is so refreshing to hear that there are still people out there like that!!