Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tick Tock...tick tock...

Time is winding down! Leila's due date is one month from today! I'm down to seeing the doctor every week now! WHOA! Yesterday my cervix was soft and I was 75% effaced! I quit listening after that because it made it too real. I'm not sure what she said about being dilated or anything. I said SHE because Dr. Brown was out this week so his new co-worker, Dr. Faircloth took over. She's great. Young and energetic...she just might have to take over when Dr. Brown decides to retire. Then Kuso decided he needed to be the doctor and listen to the heart beat and get the baby moving. His name is Dr. (docta) Brown-skin. We thought it was pretty funny.

Since time flies by so quickly I guess I better get down to business at work and get everything in order. I was 3 weeks early, so if that's the case...I better get going!

As with every Leila update, we are more and more anxious to meet her, but also more and more anxious about being responsible for her. And now that the stages of labor have begun, I'm more and more anxious about the actual delivery! The only thing that calms me is the knowledge that women have been doing this for centuries. If they can do it, so can I!

6 comments:

Grandma Neener said...

Its amazing what this body can do. I'm just glad I'm not doing it!! You will do fine!! The reward at the end is great.I am also so excited to meet Leila and spoil her just a little bit.

Kelly said...

You'll handle labor like a pro!

I got a new phone and don't have your number. I'm so sorry, but I won't be able to come to your shower. I will send your present, are you still at: Greenblossom Ct.? Let me know and GOOD LUCK!!!!!

The Jensen Family said...

You are one tough cookie and you will do great! Can't wait to see her!

charese said...

Your so lucky your almost done with pregnancy. The fun has yet to come. Labor is easy if you let that epideral become your best friend!!! You will do great.

DeRose Family said...

Hi cute mommy! I'm so excited for you! I would seriously rather have a baby than go to the dentist! But . . . you'll have to get back to me on that one!

Survis Family said...

Ooo yay! You'll do great. It's not too bad! The epidural made it great!