Thursday, May 19, 2011

He loves me...he loves me not...he loves me!

My husband loves me. EVERY May I celebrate Mother's Day, my Birthday, and our Anniversary....all within a week or so of each other. This year I was SUPER spoiled (you won't hear me complain about that.)

Mothers Day we went to Gateway to eat dinner at a buffet his friend had told him about. After about 4 phone conversations, we figured out he was talking about Tucano's, some fancy place that was way expensive...plus with it being mother's day and prom that weekend, the wait was extremely long. So we just grabbed a bite at Rumbi's. We walked the mall and had ice cream on the other end. SUCH nice weather that night. It was just fun to spend some time with Kuso and Leila. Then on Mother's Day he gave me a card with words that perfectly matched a small argument we had had earlier in the week. It was truly special that he found and picked that card b/c he hates to read....books, cards, anything. The fact that he looked through the cards and found one that was so perfect was awesome. In the card he gave me money that I wanted to help get our backyard projects completed...(buying flowers and bark, etc.)

My BIRTHDAY came and I turned 31 and having fun. Saturday night Kuso took me to dinner at PF Chang's while Leila stayed home with my parents. The wait was over an hour (again, another prom night and a Saturday night downtown Salt Lake.) But, I had been wanting to eat it for so long, I agreed to the wait...much to the dismay of my husband. While we were waiting, his cousin came in for his birthday dinner. They had a reservation and their table was big enough for us to fit, so we ate with them. After dinner, stopped by my bestie Leslie's house to pick up a cake she made (yellow cake with whipped cream and strawberries for topping...MMMM) AND some white trash she had made (it's super delish as well.) Les also gave me a gift card to Kohl's. We were supposed to have a little party, but since our dinner plans took so much time, it was too late to get the kids into party mode. So we just chatted with them for a few minutes, then went home to my bug. Sunday was my REAL birthday. My parents gave me some money. We ate dinner at my parents house (shish-ka-bobs and shrimp salad - at my request) and just chilled out before Kuso had to leave to go back to Wyoming.

Today is our 4 year anniversary. I had a dozen red roses delivered to work. My office smells like the flower shop...YUMMY. He is still in Wyoming but should be coming home after work. Maybe we will grab some dinner, or maybe go on a "date" tomorrow night.

I am so glad to be married to him. Although we have had some trials, some trials that many couples don't ever deal with, we are a stronger and more happy couple each and every day. Although he is gone a lot, our time together is precious and we do our best to enjoy every minute of it together. Thanks for learning to communicate with me better. Thanks for working hard to support our family. Thanks for learning what is important to me and making that important to you. Thanks for making church an important part of life. Thanks for being a worthy Priesthood holder and having that as a part of our home. Thanks for being a great father and for giving me the opportunity to be a mother. Thanks for picking me. Thanks for 4 great years and here's to an eternity more!

The best part about this post, is that Kuso was home for all three occasions. This is his busy time of year and every year since our marriage, he has been in Rock Springs, Wyoming for at least one, if not all of these events.

1 comment:

Chad and Nicole said...

What a sweet post! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy all of those special occasions together. You deserve to be showered with gifts! :) Happy Anniversary!!