Monday, May 9, 2011

Eww...

Last night Leila was in the bath tub. After she has been in for a while and is ready to get out, she yells out "Yeah?!?"...don't know why, but that's what she always yells when she wants our attention. This time she had only been in a short period of time when she starts yelling out. (I was being a bad mom and cleaning up the house and watching a show rather than sitting in the bathroom with her. I figure as long as I can her her chit chat and playing and check on her occasionally, she will likely be fine.) Anyway, after about the 5th yell, I go see what's going on.


I walk into the bathroom to see Leila clinging to the shower curtain like it is going to save her life. She points at the bathtub and says, "Ew." Yep...EW it was. Poop in the water. So I get her out of the tub, wrap a towel around her, sit her on the floor and tell her to stay there (as if she really will.) Then I gather up all the toys and take them to the kitchen sink and start a bleach bath. Then I grab the shower cleaner, clean the tub, and get everything squared away. Now it's time to start all over the with the bath process.


I try the shower...we have one of those hand held shower heads. She wasn't quite sure at first, but then decided she kind of liked it....so Leila had a shower. That might be on the agenda more often.


Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's who get a little chuckle out of this because only a mom can appreciate the humor of poop in the bathtub. (Not so much the humor in the poop, but the humor that she thought holding the shower curtain would keep her away from it!)

2 comments:

Survis Family said...

I totally laughed! I can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks...I hope!!!

Chad and Nicole said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Unfortunately I know EXACTLY how you feel! That has happened at least 6-10 times to me. Thats why I can laugh at you and its okay :)