Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Monday Funnies

So Monday night, my parents were over at my house because my mom was helping me tie a quilt and my dad was going to entertain the Bug. While we were in the kitchen, Leila walked in with her blanket, laid down, looked at us over her shoulder, said "night night", then laid down. After a couple of seconds she proceeded to fake snore...long, slow, loud snores. Not the quick ones most kids make when they pretend to snore. She seriously sounded like she was sleeping. Then she "woke up" after about 5 or 6 rounds of snoring and went on playing. A little while later, she was sitting at the table with us while I was sewing part of the blanket. She was playing with some spools of thread. Each time she would pick one up, she would say "Oh geez." Then put it down and do that over and over with 3 different colors. It was so random that it was that much more funny. I can truly say that this stage is my favorite. It's definitely more work than other stages have been, but it's more interactive and WAY more funny. (btw....see how good my dad is at watching her while my mom and I are busy?) It seems like he is a flake, but truth be told, he is so good to that little girl. He plays and plays and plays with her, reads her books, changes diapers, gives her snacks, gives her baths, snuggles with her, dances with her, sings with her (much to the chagrin of others.) Thanks dad for being a good babysitter. Actually, thanks to my mom and brother too...they are such a huge support system to me and Leila while Kuso is out of town (and even when he is in town!) Now if I can just find and keep my camera close by so I can show pictures of these funny moments....