Thursday, April 14, 2011

Changing of the Guard

In a previous post, I related the order of whom Leila prefers to go to. Second to the bottom was grandma, then me. Well, things have apparently changed. Now Grandma is on the top of the list (unless daddy is there...I'm sure he is still top.) The past few days, Leila only wants grandma. Last night, we slept at my parents house to cut half the commute in the morning to drop her at the sitters house. She was a cry baby all evening (she has been messing up her nap routine and it shows). She finally calmed down after I gave her some Tylenol and rocked with her while she ate some crackers...but that wasn't good enough. She wanted grandma. Soon enough, she was dead to the world. I went to bed and within a couple of hours, Leila was out of the crib and in bed with me. Fine. Until 4am rolls around and she had scooted herself so close to me that I couldn't roll over, so I moved her over about 8 inches. Well, that set her off and she screamed...and screamed...and screamed. My dad gets up for work at that time so he heard her, brought a sippy cup down and offered to take her. Leila responded with a "NO!" then said "bomma..." through tears. Soon after that, my mom came down, took Leila, and she immediately stopped crying. What a brat! Mom sat with her for a little bit. I asked Leila if she wanted to go back to bed with me. She says yes, so we go to lay down. (Cue crying.) So I took her back to grandma and she slept with her for the rest of the night (all hour that was left before my mom had to get up for work.) SUCH a BRAT! Besides all that, my brother is trying to sleep through all this. He already complains about sleeping because of my dad's snoring, so this just added to it. Sorry 'bout it! Lesson: Leila never gets to sleep at grandma's house ever again. Ok, that will never happen, but I guess I just have to deal with the commute every morning until she learns to be a better sleeper. Ugh. Interestingly enough, she sleeps better when daddy is home... **2 nights ago Leila took control of my hand and put it in and out of the popcorn bowl. One time was to my mouth, next time was to hers. She did this for a couple of minutes. She used my hand to share popcorn with both of us. It made me chuckle...

1 comment:

Chad and Nicole said...

I know exactly how you feel! Pemberlynn does that with my mom as well. Those little stinkers! :) I think that she is going to have some serious withdrawals when we move out!