Friday, January 22, 2010

Rollin Over

Leila has started rolling over regularly now. Kuso sent me a picture on his phone that showed that she had rolled from her crawl tunnel to over by the computer desk. It took her 4 rolls. So apparently she knows how to roll from her back to stomach and stomach to back. I've only seen the stomach to back. Then she gets frustrated and after a bit longer, I help her back over. I DID see her go from stomach to back about a month ago, twice, but those were both bloopers I guess.

She is strong enough rolling that she rolled herself right off the couch yesterday. Dr. Brasher had warned us...we knew it could happen...but, it did anyway. The couch has kind of an up-hill slant and so when you lay her down next to the back, that's a long way to roll up-hill. Kuso was getting the bath water ready when he heard a bump, then a scream. He ran to the room and saw her laying face down next to the couch...no longer on the couch. She was crying. He was crying. And she was naked during all of this. His version of the story was kind of sad, but kind of funny. He was a little hesitant to tell me. But after he did, I wasn't too concerned. I had been with her for over an hour and had no idea, so she obviously was fine and lived through it. There were no bumps or bruises or scratches or weird behavior.

And so it begins...the first of many injuries that will make us feel like horrible parents but that we will all live through.

1 comment:

Chad and Nicole said...

That is so funny (and kindof sad) :) When McKinzley was like a month old Chad decided to clip her fingernails and he accidently clipped the top of her thumb off far enough that it started to bleed. It was VERY traumatic for him! I guess every parent has to have some kind of moment like that :)