Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm Waiting...

Truth be told, I've enjoyed being pregnant. I never got morning sickness. Really never had any problems to speak of. Even the silly swollen feet and comments about how I walk don't bother me too much. The past month or so, everyone is asking "Are you ready to be done?" I was thinking 'no...I've still got stuff that needs to be done at home and at work...right now she is easy to take care of...'.

Well, I'm ready. I'm done. I'm tired. I'm achy and uncomfortable. And apparently I'm getting big. My 15 year old neighbor boy saw me walk out of my apartment yesterday. He is a very polite kid, but his first statement was "Whoa! You are getting big!" And I ran into a lady I used to work with about5 years ago. She told me that I "look HUGE. You are going to have a big baby...." I told her that was a funny comment because everyone else has told me how good I look and that I don't look very big for having a baby in (fill in the blank) weeks. Her response was "yeah, but I know what you used to look like. You are huge."

Not quite sure how to take that, but she meant it in a good way. She knew me when I was much skinnier. She knew me when I was about 30+ pounds skinnier than pre-pregnancy weight. Then add on the prego weight, I'm sure I do look HUGE to her! I'm not too worried about it though. I think I do look pretty good for being 10 months prego. And to date, I've gained about 32 pounds throughout the pregnancy.

On the positive side, one of my co-workers had the same silly swollen feet/ankles. She said hers went away about 3-4 days after delivery. I can't wait!!!

My co-workers have started a pool. They are guessing the due date, time, weight, and length. It's kind of funny when each day I walk into work, they look at their watches and say "hold on about 6 more days..."

I went to the doctor again a couple days ago. I'm STILL about 75% effaced and MAYBE dilated to a 2. However, we were able to finagle the hospital into moving up the induction date to the 14th. Kuso's mom is going back to Samoa on the 15th and it would be SO SAD if she has been here for 3 months and misses out on seeing Leila by only a couple days. So although I'm uncomfortable and done, I can keep waiting, but this little daughter of ours needs to hurry up and get here (I'm hoping late next week) so that her "brown grandma" (that's what some of Kuso's nephews call their Samoan grandparents) can see her before she has to go back to the island.

No comments: