Monday, September 28, 2009

Mary Poppins

Our daughter is officially Mary Poppins..."practically perfect in every way." At least in our world. Leila had her 2 week check up today. She is now 8 lb 5 oz and 21 inches. They did her blood test that they prick their heal. She cried for MAYBE 15 seconds and then just chilled in my arms while the nurse finished the test. Her doctor is quite goofy, but in a good way. Very chatty and very in tune with children. I think Leila will enjoy going to see Dr. Brasher (except when she is sick of course.)
There is debate about who she looks like (not much of one) since she mostly looks like her dad. But this is MY determination.
Eyes - Dad (I'm still crossing my fingers she will get my eye color, but not likely.)
Nose - Dad's shape, my size
Lips - undetermined. I'm thinking more mine, but I can't tell.
Cheeks - Mom
Double Chin - Mom
Ears - Mom (although Dad thinks they are like his.)
Hands - Dad
Feet - Definitely Dad - makes me laugh every time I see them because they are SO MUCH like Kuso's.
Chubby Thighs - Mom
Hair - Dad's
Initial appearance definitely looks more like her dad, but after closer examination, there is some mom in her.
She sleeps pretty good at night (most of the time). An average night puts her to bed around 9:30. She gets up around 1 or 1:30. Back in bed in an hour of less. Back up around 5 ish. Again, back in bed within an hour. Then up again around 9. That is an AVERAGE night...there are nights that vary for sure.
Last night I found out that she likes music. She was EXTREMELY upset for about an hour. I had used a different formula in between feedings. I think it made her stomach hurt. Anyway, she finally calmed down enough to be put to bed. A while later, she was fussy again. I got her glow seahorse out (similar to the glow worm we all know and love) and let her listen to the music. It totally soothed her and put her to sleep for the night. AWESOME!
She loves to take baths. This morning she even smiled and cooed while I was washing her hair! Unfortunately, I don't get pics of her in the bath because I only have two hands...but she is adorable in case you had any question...
We ordered her birth certificate today.
She loves her daddy. She loves to suck his nose. (He loves it too.) There is nothing like the bond between a daughter and her daddy. Precious. Kuso had to work out of town last week and again this week. He left Sunday night, came home Friday night, and left again Sunday night. It is so hard to let him go, and hard for him to leave, but his love and support for his family is felt even though he is out of state.
Grandpa Great (My Grandpa Taylor - my mom's dad) came to visit. Leila is his 5th great grand-daughter. He has 4 girls of his own. He only has 5 grand sons. When he found out she was going to be a girl, he said "my hell...doesn't this family know how to make boys?" I reminded him he started it. He smiled and said he wouldn't have it any other way. He told my mom when I was born that "every mother needs a daughter" I've only been a mom for 2 weeks and I can already see why.Here are pics from the past week.

Grandma Neener rocking her...both were in heaven.

She likes to be held like this. It soothes her. It's quite funny, but she enjoys it.

Cute little girl. She likes to sleep on her side. She rolls herself over and sleeps. So cute.

Chillin in her bouncy seat. Wasn't a fan the first time, but she's used it a few times since and seems to enjoy it. We try not to use the Binky too often. Mostly when we are trying to hold her off to eat for a while longer, or at night if she is a little fussy. Sometimes in the car. But usually, she is quite calm without it. Thank Goodness! So far she is not a thumb/finger sucker. I hope she stays that way!

Fairly often she can be seen making the silly cross-eyed face. SO FUNNY. And it is usually accompanied by a funny mouth shape. Cracks us up every time.

When she is a happy baby, she LOVES to lay out on the floor. She will lay here for up to an hour at times just relaxing. And she LOVES to stretch out. She rarely lays curled up like most newborns. She keeps her arms and legs stretched out a majority of the time.

Leila is such a sweet baby and so much fun to have in our family She brings constant joy, even with the 2 am feedings and occasional crying session. What would we do without her?

No comments: