Sunday, April 26, 2009

It All Goes Downhill From Here...

...but that's when the fun starts! I'm more than half way done with the pregnancy! (assuming I don't go weeks late of course.) What an exciting and sobering thought. I still get "holycrapi'mgonnabeamom" moments, but those get swept away quickly with excitement of the unknown. Just like any parents-to-be, we frequently have thoughts of what she will look like, what kind of personality she will have, is she gonna have daddy's dark curly hair? what type of activities she will enjoy, and which one of us will she love the most? (as if she could really choose...little Leila is going to have the most awesome parents that ever existed...if we can only dream.)

We have bought dressers and will be buying the crib this week. (Can't pass up sales that are unknown to happen again before the little bundle arives.) Aside from viewing the ultrasound, and feeling her movement, buying baby furniture is probably the next in line to make the list of "Reasons that confirm we are really having a baby."

I'm still debating on whether "you aren't even showing" is a compliment or not. All I know is that MY clothes don't even come close to fitting, and the maternity clothes I started wearing a month or so ago now fit instead of falling off. I'm basically living off of cold cereal (I have to have a bowl around 10pm EVERY night even if I've had some earlier), strawberries, ice water (although I still have my share of Coke - spare the lectures), peanut butter sandwiches for lunch at work, and anything else that is cold or at least room temperature. There are a few warm foods that are tolerable, but I still would prefer to eat something cold - only to get worse as the warm/hot months are yet to come. So any of you that have ideas of what I can eat that is healthy, substantial, and cold, I am open for suggestions. I still feel good and never went through which many lovingly refer to as "the gaggies." It has been such a blessing that I've been healthy throughout the pregnancy and we can only hope that me feeling so well will continue throughout the rest.

Sorry no cute pics of me standing sideways with my shirt pulled tight so you can see my baby bump...maybe in a few more weeks. When people notice that I'm "showing." :)

3 comments:

April said...

I'm so glad your pregnancy is going well!

The Jensen Family said...

We are so excited for you! I can't believe you are this far along. I't s a great time thought...you can feel her move, which can be good and not so good at times ;) I bet your parents are on cloud nine! I will be saving any girl clothes you want from here on out. Paige was born in Sept. so they will be the same season. Not that she will need or want for ANYTHING! :) Congrats, and best wishes for a healthy, happy rest of your pregnancy. (thanks for the sweet words the other day, it was very thoughtful of you)

Texie said...

I want a picture ASAP!