Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

As usual, we went to St. George for our annual Easter festivities. My mom, dad, and I went down Thursday night so the girls could do the traditional shopping on Friday. Kuso came down early Saturday morning because he had to work Friday. Thursday around 3pm, Shawn text me and let me know that he just found out he got the weekend off so he and Kiley would be coming! Michelle couldn't make it because she had to watch their dogs and had agreed to watch her parents dogs as well. Shawn told me I had to keep mom up as late as possible so that we could surprise her. Around 12:30 or 1 am, everyone was getting tired and started to get up to go to bed. I told Shawn and he called my mom's phone. SURPRISE! They were just outside of Mesquite, NV and would be there in less than an hour. Needless to say, mom got hyper and was wide awake when they got there. Kiley had slept most of the drive so she was also awake and ready to play. So we did. It was SO FUN to spend time with her!

Saturday was rainy and cold, so there was a damper in our plans. Troy and his girlfriend April got there around 12 noon. This was April's first encounter with the family. We were able to get into the church and played volleyball for several hours. Back at the house, there was a MASSIVE Rock Band concert featuring many of the family members. Even April got involved! Troy got into his "Butt Rock" gear and put on a great concert.

While the rock concert continued, Kuso and I went to visit his Uncle. Uncle Faafoi lives about 20 minutes from my aunts house. Kuso had never met him until that night. Uncle Faafoi is SO FUNNY. We were there for over 4 hours laughing at stories and getting to know about him and his family. Kuso was excited to be there because Uncle Faafoi told us a lot of stories about Kuso's dad that he didn't know. The only reason we left was because it was nearly 12:30 am and I was visibly wiped out. The lack of sleep over the weekend was catching up to me. We are going back to St. George in June for a wedding and visiting Uncle Faafoi will definitely be on the list of things to do!

It was a good weekend. It's always nice to spend time with my family. Sorry there aren't any pics...I left my camera home!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

My family was all down there too! It's always fun to get away. Since Saturday was rainy, the girls went and got massages... good times. Glad you had fun too! Hope you're feeling good!