Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I'M PREGNANT!!! I'm 13 weeks which puts me in the beginning of my 2nd trimester! Kuso and I are obviously SUPER excited. The due date is September 12th...give or take a few days. Yes, that means I get to be big and fat all summer...but from what I hear, it will be worth it.

I've been feeling great. A few weeks after finding out, I was really tired for a couple weeks, but that has mostly passed. I haven't had hardly any nausea...definitely nothing that would keep me down. Nothing to complain about for sure.

Last Saturday, I had dinner with my "sisters." This was the first they had heard of it. I left to go to Kuso's class reunion right after dinner was over. I got a phone call a couple hours later. My "sisters" had bought me several maternity outfits. They are the greatest! Thanks for your friendship over the years. My family and I can't imagine our lives without you in it!

So in addition to my new clothes from my sisters, my cousin let me borrow some of her clothes, and my friend that lives near my mom let me borrow an entire tupperware box of clothes. Kuso gave me some money for Valentines to buy new clothes. And of course my mom has helped out. So amongst ALL the help I got, I've got a great start on my wardrobe...I'm sure I'll still buy a few select things that I WANT, but their help has defnintely been...well, helpful.

In my previous blogs about Kuso's surgery, I mentioned that I had gone to the emergency room with him. I actually thought I was having a miscarriage. Let's just say it wasn't just "spotting." At the time I was 9 weeks. After all was said and done, the baby was still measuring to be the right size, the heart rate was still pumping away, and from looking at the ultrasound, the doctor's could not see anything that concerned them. The final diagnosis was "I guess it was just a blood clot passing through. I don't know where it came from, but everything with the baby is fine." The follow up with my doctor also went well. As far as they are concerned, there is nothing to be concerned about!

We are so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed us with the opportunity to become parents. We have been blessed with good health (now that all the trauma has passed...) and with enough love to sustain this baby through anything.

Stay tuned for more updates...

9 comments:

Grandma Neener said...

WE are sooo excited about our "chocolate milk baby". It is going to be a long summer, but lots to look forward to!!!

Katie said...

I am so excited for you!! Just wish I could be closer!

Sundquist Family said...

YEA!!! I'm so so exciting. I cant wait for the baby to get here.

Kelly said...

Congrats Lisa! That is GREAT news! You're going to love being a mom, and you are SOOO lucky you haven't been sick. Blessed. Good luck! Baby shower here we come!

charese said...

I am so glad you are a blogger. It was great to read about what was going on in your life. Congratulations on your baby news!You will be a fantastic mom. Thank your lucky stars you have not been sick. Take care!

Texie said...

Yay Yay Yay!!! I'm super duper excited for you and jealous cause you're not sick!

Enoch Elementary said...

Congrats Lisa! I loved every second of being pregnant and I hope you do too! Being a mom is the greatest blessing in the whole world. Glad I can keep up with your through your blog.

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Hey little Lis! I found your blog through facebook. Congrats on your baby. We can miserable in the summer heat together. I'm due August 1st & very excited for a little girl. Take care of yourself.
Jennie

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, Congrats on your future addition. I had that same bloodclot problem with Haden, it was so scary, but he arrived just perfect in December. Glad to see that things are going well with you.