Tuesday, February 17, 2009

7's...all weekend.

Every year, the USA hosts a Rugby Tournament in San Diego. It is called the 7's because there are only 7 players on each team. Each half is only 7 minutes with about a 2 minute half time. So an entire game lasts about 20 minutes.

Last year Kuso went with his friends and family to the tournament in San Diego. He was planning on going this year, but due to his surgeries, he decided it would be better for him to stay here. He was really upset that he would miss it, but was just planning on getting updates from his friends who went.

Our friends, Burton and Leslie, found it on Pay Per View. Needless to say, all Saturday (Valentine's Day...how much do I love my hubby...) and Sunday was spent watching rugby. It was fun. It was fun because the games are so quick and because I actually got to WATCH WITH my hubby rather than WATCH HIM play. So I got to ask a lot of questions. I had a basic understanding of the game prior to this weekend, but I now understand much more.

Samoa put up a pretty good showing. They didn't win, but they beat England, who ended up playing in the final. The United States took 3rd place for the whole tournament! They lost to Argentina who won the whole tournament.

I'm glad we were able to spend the weekend watching rugby. It was fun to see Kuso get excited over the games. It actually made me excited for the season to start this spring/summer. Now that I understand the game better, I might make a better cheerleader!!!

No comments: