Monday, March 9, 2009

Quick Trip to Cali

This weekend my mom and I went to visit my brothers and family in California. Troy is at law school in San Diego so he just picked us up from the airport after class on Friday. He drove us up to Shawn's house in Murrieta. I haven't seen Kiley since Thanksgiving!!!

When we walked in the door, my mom said softly, "Hi Kiley." Kiley looked for about 1 second and ran/walked as fast as she could to my mom. Needless to say, my mom was the happiest grandma ever.

As you can see, just like all other young children, Kiley is obsessed with "adult" stuff. Cell phones, remote controls, cameras...anything that adults use, Kiley thinks she needs. Funny enough though, she ALWAYS finds the "OK" button on every device. She knows what she is doing.

Saturday morning, Shawn had to work, so Troy stayed with Kiley while mom, Michelle, and I went out. We got pedicures, did some shopping, and went to lunch. It was so nice to be on no time schedule. This picture below tells it all. Kiley loves her uncle Troy and the two of them had a good time.
The trip was short, but fun. We just relaxed and hung out. My mom and I woke up early with Kiley so Shawn and Michelle could sleep in a little. I got a small taste of what I'm looking forward to as a parent...but for now, I'm not ready to be up that early! I came home exhausted, but relaxed if there is such a thing.

Thanks Shawn and Michelle for putting up with us in your house!








1 comment:

Sundquist Family said...

We LOVED having you guys here! Plus, this is the 1st time in a long time Shawn and I got to sleep in until 8am together!!!