Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

Christmas is so much more fun with kids!  We took this picture in front of my parents tree before we opened gifts at midnight.  (After grandma's midnight gifts, we go home, go to bed, Santa comes, then we do our own small family stuff Christmas morning.)
 
She is so "posey" sometimes.  Love it.

 We made Rice Krispie treat trains.  Leila and I worked on the front engine, then Casey's, then Papa's, then Daddy's, then Troy's.  They turned out pretty cute.

 Leila got a beloved "Dream Light" from her beloved Kiley.  We had to put the batteries in and make it work the second we were done opening presents.
 
Daddy got a guitar.  He has been wanting one for years.  No, he doesn't know how to play, and Yes, he will learn.  I can't wait for him to pick it up and play around the house.  If he plays, he will sing, and I LOVE to hear him sing.

Christmas morning at our house.
 
For the past few weeks, she has been saying that Santa was going to bring her "a bike and a Barbie."  She got the bike, but not the Barbie, but she did get a Barbie Mermaid movie. 
 
It was a pretty funny morning.  She didn't get to sleep until after 1 am because of the Midnight Madness at Grandma's house.  Around 9:30, Kuso got anxious and went and woke her up.  It took her a good 15 minutes to come out of her room to see what Santa brought.  She kept yelling down the hall, "But I'm too tired."  Once she got out there, she was loving it all over again.
 
As expected, she was spoiled. 
 
Later in the afternoon, she was playing with Kuso on the recliner.  She looked up and saw the Santa hanging on the wall.  She said "Thanks for my presents Santa."  So cute.  Her baby brother also gave her some presents.  We told her to say thank you to her brother and she crawled over and said "thank you" to my stomach.  Precious.
 
Leila was very humble this year.  At the ward Christmas party, she was asked to fill out a letter to Santa about what she wanted.  She kept saying "nothing" for almost two weeks.  I only WISH she will stay that humble and simple.  I'm sure next year, when she fully "gets" what is going on, she will want more, but this year, a "hug from Hadlee" was good enough.
 
Another funny thing I have to write just to remember...my mom mailed her a letter from Santa.  It had a picture of Santa, and a note reminding her to be a good girl, listen to her parents, etc.  It was addressed to Leila with a return address of the North Pole.  I showed it to her hoping she would get excited.  She said "Oh!  That's the one grandma did huh?"  I told my mom that and she was so confused.  My mom did those at work.  Leila never saw them.  Weird.

No comments: