Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Baby #2

We are SUPER excited that we will be having a second child join us!  AND we are SUPER excited that it is going to be a boy! 
 
The technical due date is February 22, 2013.  When we had the ultrasound, I was exactly 19 weeks.  But all measurements during the ultrasound indicate that the baby was measuring 17 1/2 weeks.  THAT is probably a little more accurate based on my wacked out body functions anyway.  So in MY mind, the due date is February 26 or March 1.  I guess we'll find out in a few short months!
 
Ever since we have been telling Leila that mommy was having a baby, she always (aside from probably 4 incidents) told us it was a "baby brudder." 
 
We told my parents as part of my mom's birthday gift.  In her card from Leila I wrote "Dear Grandma, remember when you babysat me last February while mommy and daddy went to rugby?  Can we do that again next year, but not because of rugby, but because mommy is having a baby."
 
My mom had been reading it silently and looked up with VERY surprised look on her face and said "You are?!?!"  Then got to tell my dad and brother who were there.  That was fun.
 
I think in a post a long time ago, I may have mentioned that I have a hard time getting pregnant.  It's not to the level that some of my friends have had to reach to be able to get pregnant, or decide if adoption is the right choice, but because it is so difficult for me to conceive, once it finally happens, the gift of being a mother and able to bear children seems that much more of a miracle.  We are truly blessed to be able to become biological parents, and that once I finally do get pregnant, for the most part, the pregnancy is easy sailing. 
 
We can't wait to meet this little guy!
 
So as of this post, October 16th, I am technically 21 weeks and 3 days along!  Downward slope baby. 
 
...now that my blog is mostly up to date, I'll post pics of my growing belly soon...

2 comments:

Kierst said...

I love that you updated your blog and I'm so excited for Leila to get a baby brudder!

Kaitlin said...

Congratulations!! We are SO excited for you guys!!