Monday, September 19, 2011

Leila's Party!

WARNING: YOU ARE ABOUT TO EMBARK ON A PICTURE JOURNEY. ENJOY.


Leila's REAL birthday was on Wednesday September 14th. This is her "practice" cake so she knew what to do with the candles for her party. She is a pro.

Kingston Uta'iSome of the presents (most I think)Some of the food. About half I think.I promised Leslie (who was my camera lady - THANKS) that I would put a picture of myself on the blog since I wasn't behind the camera...so here you go you lucky viewers!)Cheese!Cheese Again.Cheese AGAIN! (a little better)

Leila and Brooklyn (church friend) Brook is adopted by white parents. Her mom and I always joke that when they get older they are going to make fun of how WHITE their mom's legs are! That tricycle in the back is from daddy. He was so excited to get her a bike!Matai Uta'i - his shirt says it all!






My mom was worried about what I was going to do with all the little kids. I told her I was going to put ALL the balls that Leila has out in the yard. That's it. That's all they needed.Above: Any of you that read this often...remember that LARGE tree stump that was in our backyard - that turned into a summer long project to get it torn out? THIS is the "after" shot. Not too shabby for amateurs! btw...I'm SO glad that stump is gone. It was worth the work (even though I didn't do any of it) and the waiting. It's done and gone and makes our yard that much more functional.Leila modeling her presents - no one told her do that. She just did. Funny girl.


The "theme" was Mermaid. I originally bought these tattoos to put on the kids at the party. But then decided that was too much work and wasn't sure if some of the parents would be offended, so Leila was the only one with a MERMAID on her arm!




Shirlene Handy made a lot of our birthday cakes when we were young. I ran into her at the store a few times and told her I was going to have her make Leila's cake, so I did. AND she made 24 matching cupcakes to go with the cake. SO cute. So yummy.
Ready...
Happy Birthday Dear Leila....Happy Birthday to You! (BLOW)
Taste.
Taste Again.
Approval.Iafeta Aiono and Burton Uta'i

Leslie Uta'i (Ah Auntie) and The Birthday Bug

Thanks again Les for taking control of my camera so I actually have pictures to document the day!


We had a lot of friends and family show up. It was really simple (aside from the mass amounts of food) and really fun. Leila is definitely loved if her presents are any indication of love. She got lots of clothes and books and clothes and books and a couple of bikes (one for our house, one for grandmas) and a couple of small (noise free!!!) toys. The weather held out WONDERFULLY.


Happy Birthday Bug!

4 comments:

Jam said...

Glad a great party was enjoyed by all! Happy I could see these, Jam

Anonymous said...

YAY for BUG!!!!!!! It was a fun party, so glad I was there to capture it all for you!!!!!! LOL

Chad and Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Leila!!! I can't believe she is already two!!! The party looks like it was a hit, and I LOVE that cake!!

Kaitlin said...

Happy Birthday, Leila girl! I'm glad you posted a pic of yourself...it's good to document all members of the fam!