Monday, June 13, 2011

Wyoming

Let it just be said...I.HATE.WYOMING.

There. It has been said.


Kuso spends most of his time working out of Rock Springs, Wyoming. It's just under a 2 1/2 hour drive from here. This is his busy time of year, so Leila and I went up to spend the night since we hadn't seen him in a week and a half and are not sure when we will see him again. (usually within the next week or 2 for sure.)


When we got there, I needed to take a picture of Kuso for my aunt. She is making a book for my grandpa Taylor with all of the family's pictures in it. He has Alzheimer's and this is supposed to help him I guess. Anyway, anytime Leila sees a camera, you hear "ata." or "cheeeeeese." She LOVES the camera. Leila has also started sticking her tongue out at people. Part of it comes from making silly faces while watching Yo Gabba Gabba and from nursery. But she is also learning to "Hmm" kind of a mean grunt when she sticks it out if she is mad. So now when we try to take a picture of her, she sticks her tongue out too.
"Kisi Daddy."
Leila and Mommy




Uncle Nati


Every night the guys get together and cook dinner and eat and hang out (since they don't have gyms or parks or families or yard work or etc to entertain them.) Kuso and I went to eat, but he also wanted to get some of what the guys were cooking that night, so we went over to the room. From outside you can hear them all singing and laughing. One guy was playing the guitar and Nati was playing his ukulele. Leila didn't waste any time giving Nati loves and then flirting with some of the guys..."tickling them" or "getting them" which really means she kind of scratches their knees then runs away. SUCH a flirt.


Back to the REAL reason I.HATE.WYOMING.

I get speeding tickets there. Yes, I speed. But not excessively. On the straight roads of Wyoming, going 75 is ridiculous...I usually find myself creeped up to about 85. Well, speeding is speeding regardless of the BORING reason, so I get pulled over and get a ticket. The officer was VERY nice, but he could have given me a WARNING.

I wouldn't complain so much if I wasn't in the same area of 2 other cars who were gaining ground on me (meaning they were clearly going faster than I was) but MY license plate was from Utah...both other cars were from Wyoming.

Hmmmm.?

Oh well...I might learn my lesson...I might not. Only time will tell. I just hate speeding tickets when my going a little over the posted limit is not reckless or endangering other vehicles....we live and learn. Right? Maybe.


(btw...I got another ticket around the same area 2 years ago...ON MY BIRTHDAY!)

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

leila is too too cute