Monday, July 27, 2009

33+ weeks

I'm getting big. I say 33+ weeks because I actually have 2 different due dates. The "calendar" due date is September 9th. That's the one the doctor is going off of, so if we go off that, I would be 34 weeks tomorrow. However, both ultrasounds I had measured the due date as September 12th, so that's what I'm going off of.

It's getting a little more difficult to sleep at night. And stretch marks are awesome...not. But what ya gonna do about it? I guess it's just good that I never wear short shorts or shirts. Then no one has to see them!

This past week was the Samoan Heritage festival. I saw a few friends who knew I was pregnant, but haven't seen me, or at least seen me for several months. They all told me "how good I look." They said it almost with surprise in their voice like they were expecting me to be bigger than I am. It feels good to be told that I look good, b/c like all pregnant women, I feel as big as a house even though I know I'll continue to grow bigger over the next several weeks.

Time is winding down. We are planning on setting up Leila's furniture this week and getting things ready to put all her stuff away. Almost every night we watch Leila dance in my stomach. She goes crazy at night. It's pretty funny. Kuso said he could hear her heart beat through my stomach. He was tapping to the rhythm and it was about the same as when I hear it at the doctor. Maybe he can hear it....

Anyway...we are getting more and more excited. I can't wait to meet my little girl!

1 comment:

charese said...

You look great! The baby will be here before you know it. Take care.