Tuesday, February 17, 2009

he loves me...he loves me not...He Loves Me!!!

This year is the first time I have ever really celebrated Valentine's Day. I never had serious boyfriends growing up. The first year Kuso and I were together, he was in Samoa (and had never heard of Valentine's Day.) Last year, Kuso was out of town working and "didn't celebrate that holiday." This year, the love bug must have bitten him. He has been planning the festivities for several weeks.

In the morning, we went to JB's downtown and had breakfast with Pasami, Kesa, their 2 boys, and Nimo and Apelu. After breakfast we went to see the Joseph Smith movie. This picture of the temple was taken from the car. It just looked cool with the cold snow look and the steam coming off the water fall.

This is just one of the plates one of the boys filled at the breakfast buffet.
Check out all the MEAT!!!
When we got home, I walked in the door and these beautiful roses were waiting on the table for me. I later found out that he had hid his key under the door mat, the delivery man opened the door, left the flowers, then locked up and left the key. (Good thing that didn't go bad....)
It was such a wonderful surprise! They are gorgeous to look at and smell even better! As I was smelling them, Kuso pulled out a card. This surprised me because he is not "into" cards. The card was so sweet and fit our relationship perfectly. Then he wrote some of the sweetest things. Okay....I admit it. I cried. Any of you who know me, know that I don't cry over hardly anything, so for flowers and a card to make me cry, it was GOOD. The card had some money for me to buy new clothes.
I gave him a few things including a shirt and a carrying case for his portable DVD player... Romantic...I know. It was a fun day. I've never really been IN to Valentine's, but if it is going to be this great every year, maybe I'll GET into Valentines.
At the risk of being sappy, I love my husband.
I couldn't imagine anyone more perfect for me to spend the rest of my life with.


3 comments:

Kim + Danny said...

Sounds a lot more romantic than mine. All I got was some dish scrubbers, but I can't complain. We agreed not to get gifts and I had told danny that I needed some new dish scrubbers, so that's what I got. Poor Danny got nothin!

Sundquist Family said...

That is so cute. I would recommend that he not leave the key under the door mat again, but it was very thoughtful of gus.

Kaitlin said...

awwwwww good hubby :)