Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

THIS is my new camera.  Kuso is out of state for work (as he always is this time of year.)  So he recruited my mom's help in getting me my birthday gift.  THIS is what I got!  I haven't used it yet, because I needed to charge the battery, but after going to the rugby tournament and using other people's cameras to snap shots, I realized how much I disliked our last camera.  So for a few months now, I've been looking at ads in the paper and stuff.  I USUALLY tell Kuso what I want for my birthday (or any other gift giving occasion) but this time, this was all his idea!  He LOVES to surprise people and the fact that he remembered I had mentioned this in the past and actually acted on it is a big deal.

My parents gave me money.
Leila gave me a garden planter and a cute card with her hand traced in it.
Leslie (Bestie) gave me LOTS of candy (not that my waste needs it, but my mouth will love it) and a slushie maker (from ANY drink - including my Diet Dr. Pepper) mmmmm...she also brought a "rainbow" cake - kind of a funny story, but she and I know that Rainbow Chip is the way to go - not confetti cake, and not a cake with a picture of a rainbow on it!
Ann (leader I work in YW with gave me a HUGE bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and an Amelia Bedelia book.  We talked about those a few weeks ago and everyone thought we were crazy, so again, it was cool to be given something that was talked about a while back. 
Lisa (visiting teacher) dropped off some home made cookies.
Card from my grandma.  Card from my Relief Society Presidency.
Lots of text messages.  I haven't even checked facebook.  A few phone calls - including one from Shawn, little brother who is currently serving our country in Afghanistan.  I got 32 minutes on the phone with him, which is special anyway, but knowing where he is and what he is doing, it meant that much more.  I just realized I got 32 minutes for my 32 years!  Awesome.
And my sister in law will be bringing my gift to me tonight when they fly in from North Carolina! 
**I hope I didn't miss anything!
This was probably one of my most "recognized" birthday's I've had in a while.  I know some people hate growing older, but at this point, I'm lovin life!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, rainbow CHIP cake is the WAY to go!!!!!!!!! LOL It was a great day!