Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Potty Time!....

Hopefully.

Our babysitter has potty trained the kids that live at her house, and because Leila spends so much time there, I am leaving it to La's experience to let us know when it's time to start training...(plus I can't really MAKE her feel ready to try it.)

So a couple weeks ago she told me to "get the stuff" (to her that meant some pull ups and a portable potty.) I left it there this morning.

With the weather starting to chill out (although I'm LOVING the warm fall we have had so far) they won't be outside as much, making it easier to focus on the potty.

I really think that if we can get Leila to USE the potty once, she will pick it up really fast. She is already fascinated with everything potty.

She LOVES panties (and gets mad when she has to wear a diaper with them.)
She LOVES to watch me or my mom use the potty - and offers us toilet paper when we are done.
She LOVES that she has a potty - even though she won't use it for me.
She tells us right AFTER she goes potty in her diaper (about 50-75% of the time.)
She takes her own diaper off, and is starting to try and put her own on.

I think she knows what's going on, but just needs to figure out the right order.

Here's to wishing us good luck!

2 comments:

Kierst said...

Wow- aren't you spoiled that your babysitter will do the potty training for you...:)

Chad and Nicole said...

Good luck!! It will be so nice for you when she is potty-trained!!