Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Makes Your Heart Melt Like a Popsicle on the 4th of July

Aukuso has been kind of slow at work the past few weeks, so he has been spending a lot of time with Leila. When times like this happen, mom basically becomes non-existent unless daddy is gone. She wants nothing to do with me. (Which to be honest, is kind of a welcome break because when he is gone working so much, that leaves me to do EVERYTHING.) One of my favorite parts is that she wants daddy to take her to bed at night. If I go lay down with her, she pushes my shoulder and tells me to "move" and yells for daddy until he comes. Sorry honey, but thank you!

Last night Kuso was taking Leila to bed. She had fallen asleep on the couch, but when I laid her down, she woke up and pushed me, told me to move, and yelled for daddy. No surprise there. Well, daddy goes in to lay with her. He came out about 30 minutes later to get a sippy cup. I was REALLY surprised she was still awake after all that time. After she finally went to sleep, he told me what was going on.

Leila played with Kuso's face while he pretended to be asleep. After a while of running her fingers all across his face, she put one hand on his cheek, put the other hand on the other cheek, and kissed him...about 5 times. He cried. Then he laughed because he was crying. He thought it was so sweet that he told me about it several times before we went to sleep.

Our daughter is the most beautiful and precious gift that the Lord has blessed us with.

2 comments:

Shantal and Alofaaga Laulu said...

This made me misty eyed... Love this post!! Your daughter is an ANGEL!!

Chad and Nicole said...

That made ME cry!!! What a tender moment!