Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One Month Picture

This is my first attempt at scanning, so don't sweat the small picture. Anyway, Walmart always has their sale of 30 pictures for $7.99. I figured, what the heck...let's check into it. The lady I talked to when I scheduled the appointment was quite nice and seemed to know what she was doing. So I scheduled an appointment for the actual day of one month. We showed up to the appointment, and the lady working was an idiot. She sat and told us all about her ex-husbands (yes, plural) and her kids and how she ended up in Utah and complaining about her kids school, etc. One could sum it up by saying she is just not professional acting. While we were there, she made two personal phone calls and took two personal calls. Overall, she sucked.

I scheduled the appointment for October 14th @ 1:30pm. Leila is usually awake at that time. Not that day. And not recently. Guess she changed her sleep pattern. When we went to take the pictures, she was asleep. DEAD asleep. There wasn't anything we could do to wake her up. We undressed her. We wiggled her. We laid her down. We sat her up. Nothing would wake her up. So we took a few cute sleeping pictures. Well, they would have been cute if the lady knew what the crap she was doing. The only pictures that half way turned out were things that my mom or I suggested. Anyway, long story short, proceed with caution before going to Walmart for pictures. Some people know what they are doing, other's do not.

This picture we got by sitting her in her car seat so she could actually lean against something, put her binky in her mouth long enough to soothe her, count to 3, take it out and snap the picture at the same time. It turned out pretty cute, but I can only imagine what kind of cute shots we could have got with a cooperative little girl and someone who actually knows how to take pictures of baby's.

Oh well...live and learn right?



3 comments:

Sundquist Family said...

OK, I love the picture. I took it to work and people at my work are in LOVE with her.

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big and so cute!!! Miss you guys!

Survis Family said...

Oh my heck! She is so cute! I love her!