Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oops, I did it again....

I made another Mary Poppins baby...meaning he is "practically perfect in every way."  For some ridiculous reason, I cannot get pictures to upload, so you will need to refer back to facebook to see the amazingly awesomely adorable pictures of my son.

I took him in for his 2 week check up on Thursday March 14.  At that time he weighed 8 lb 4.5 oz and was 20.5 inches long.  Dr. Brasher was a little concerned that he had not gained more weight than that since his birth weight was 8 lb 8 oz.  He wanted me to bring him in a week later to check his weight.  Everything else looked fine.

Today, March 21st was the weigh in.  He weighed in at a hefty 9 lb 3.5 oz...almost an entire pound gained in a week!  I knew his chubby cheeks were not hiding secrets!  He is totally and completely fine.

At this early on in his life, he has got himself on a pretty good schedule...way more than Leila ever did!  He takes a bath around 8 to 8:30 pm...eats, then just plays until he is tired...anywhere from 9 to 10:30.  He wakes up around 1 to 1:30, 4:30 to 5, then 9-10:30 ish....those times vary of course, but for the most part he is waking up every 4 ish hours, is only awake for about 35 minutes, then goes back to sleep.  I have also been laying him in bed while he is still slightly awake.  This has been good for him to learn to sooth himself to sleep rather than relying on being held or eating to go to sleep.  He truly is practically perfect.

During his waking hours, he is still mostly calm and patient.  He lets Leila love on him and hold him all she wants.  He just chills and waits until it's time to eat.  He loves his bouncy seat.  He loves to be held and talked to.  He has the sweetest Spirit.  I swear he can sense when I'm about to lose my cool taking care of both children while Kuso is out of town at work.  During those moments, he smiles (yes, he smiles and flirts at this young age) and just sends love straight out of his eyeballs.  Or he'll just smile, then go to sleep knowing that I'm needing to rest.  He does have a bit of a temper when it's time to eat and he doesn't have a bottle in his mouth after the first squak or two...otherwise, he seriously is so complacent to just exist.

I LOVE THIS BOY....

No comments: