Monday, February 6, 2012

Monkey See...Monkey Do

So Leila is WAY into that phase of copying everything she see's and hears. This past weekend I took her to the University of Utah Gymanstics meet (They are currently ranked #1 GO UTES!) While watching the events, Leila started copying their arms (weird dancing moves) and jumping on her seat. HILARIOUS. Until she notices that you are watching, then she slaps your shoulder and tells you to "Stop It" with her eyebrows furrowed.

Then, last night, we were watching the Super Bowl. While Madonna performed (which was one of my favorite half time shows in a long time - especially since she kept it VERY appropriate from how she NORMALLY performs) Leila was doing the same thing... Copying their dance moves. This took place while laying across my parents laps or on the floor. Then she wanted to be "on stage" I guess, so she stood up on the seat of the rocking horse and danced on there, which was next to the TV, so we got to watch both "shows" at the same time. I LOVE it.

She loves to watch Yo! Gabba Gabba! and Mickey Mouse Club House. I LOVE that she is into copying their dance moves, and yelling words when they say to yell. I LOVE watching her learn and grow. Love. Love. Love it!

1 comment:

Survis Family said...

Sounds like she's definitely her father's daughter!! I can't wait for that fun stage with Aspyn!